We want to ensure that we allow ample consideration so as many qualified men as possible may be considered to best serve the needs of our church. The intention is for each adult church member to provide a list of up to 14 deserving men to serve in this role.
As you prayerfully consider your nominations, please keep the following general points in mind:
-Only GVBC Church Members may participate. Please submit only one nomination form per church member.
-The minimum age for a deacon is 21 years of age.
-Eligibility will be based on the scriptural qualifications in 1 Timothy 3:8-13 and Acts 6:1-8 and additional qualifications as determined by the church.
At GVBC these additional duties involve but are not limited to the following:
– They are to be servants of the church.
– They are to serve with the pastor and staff in performing pastoral ministries.
– They are to proclaim the gospel to believers and unbelievers.
– They are to care for church members and other persons in the community.
– They are to support the process of integrating new members into the fellowship.
– They are to help lead the church to engage in fellowship of worship, witness, education, ministry, and application of scriptural principles in daily life
The following men are currently serving or rotating off, and are not eligible for nomination at this time:
Thank you in advance for your participation in this important process in the life of our church.
Please complete the ballot below by Sunday, September 27th. You may nominate up to 14 men.